Today’s post is my favorite way lately to enjoy sweet potatoes. My lifelong friend Sarah came to visit recently, and when we were out to eat and had this dish together we knew we had to re-create it. Simple, bright, and flavorful.
Start by tossing the chopped sweet potatoes with olive oil, cumin, paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper. Then bake for 30 minutes, tossing once half way through.
In a large bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice, parsley and cilantro. When the hot potatoes come out of the oven, add them to the bowl.
Toss it all together…
…and top it with some sliced almonds. Enjoy!
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, cut into chunks, skin on
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon each, salt and pepper
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup fresh Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- On a baking sheet toss potatoes, 1 T olive oil, cumin, paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Toss and then bake for 15 more minutes.
- In a large bowl combine 1 T olive oil, lemon juice, parsley and cilantro.
- Add the hot potatoes to the bowl with the lemon dressing and toss.
- Top with sliced almonds.